Shoreline Sightseeing currently uses the ADP Mobile Solutions App (the “App”) for employee time tracking. The App is provided by ADP, our current payroll vendor. All employees will be required to sign a consent, set forth below following our policy on the use of this technology, authorizing the use of this timekeeping method as a condition of employment.
- You will be able to clock in for your shift when you are in the near vicinity of the location to which you are assigned. The App uses a location feature which makes it possible for an employee to clock in and out on their mobile phone; this is called a “geo fence.”
- You will need to download the App on your mobile phone. You will then be able to clock in and clock out simply by touching the proper choice on the App – i.e., Clock In or Clock Out. An example of what this looks like is on the attachment.
- Shoreline Sightseeing will provide, or has provided, each employee with a unique badge number. That number is what you will use to verify when you set up the App.
- You will be a registered Mobile App user once you have set up the App.
You set up the App on your phone yourself through your phone’s App Store or PlayStore. The following instructions will be provided on the App:
- From the Login Page, select First Time User? > Register Here.
- Begin Registration.
- Verify Identity.
- Get User ID and Password.
- Select Security Questions and Answers.
- Enter Contact Information.
- Enter Activation Code.
- Review and Submit your information.
- The App does not record your fingerprint or any other biometric information. Nor does the App work as a tracking device. It will only show what location you clocked in or out at (i.e., the Ogden Slip Ticket Booth).
- You do not need to use the App to clock out or clock back in when you are taking your meal break.
- If you forget to clock in or clock out, do let your Manager know as soon as possible so we can keep accurate time tracking for payroll purposes.
- If you have any issues with the App, or any questions, please see your Manager or Anna Flores.
- Those who choose to use the App on their mobile phones will receive a business expense reimbursement of $5 a month.
- If you do not have a mobile phone, or do not wish to use your mobile phone, that is okay. There will be a computer at each kiosk that you can use to sign in and out of the App. It is the employee’s choice whether to use the computer at each kiosk or a mobile phone for timekeeping purposes. An employee may choose to delete, or install and use, the App at any time.
- The App, when you use your chosen User ID and Password, also gives you access to your own personal time records and other payroll information. More information can be found on the attachment.
- At no time, during your employment or after your employment, will Shoreline Sightseeing have access to the password that you choose to use for the App. If you forget your password, Shoreline Sightseeing will direct you to the appropriate contact at ADP.
- The App, since it tracks time and attendance, will also be used to determine whether an employee’s attendance meets Company guidelines for discipline and discharge.
- The time punches will only be collected and stored for purposes relating to Shoreline Sightseeing’s monitoring of employee time, attendance and payroll. ADP will have access to the time punches for purposes of preparation and issuance of paychecks.
- Only Shoreline Sightseeing Department Managers and Executive Management have access to employee time and attendance information entered on the App.
- The records in the App are cloud-based, and protected according to ADP protocols set forth below.
- Shoreline Sightseeing will not sell, lease, trade or otherwise profit from its employees’ timekeeping information recorded by the App. Shoreline Sightseeing will store employees’ time, attendance and payroll information using a reasonable standard of care utilized within Shoreline Sightseeing’s industry. This information will be protected using the same or in a more protected manner Shoreline Sightseeing uses to protect its other confidential and sensitive information.
- Shoreline Sightseeing will not disclose, re-disclose or otherwise disseminate the timekeeping information recorded using the App without first obtaining an employee’s prior written consent to do so, unless the disclosure is required by law or pursuant to a valid warrant or subpoena.
- This policy is posted on our website under the Policies link and is available to the public.
ADP’s Global Chief Privacy Officer is charged with leading and overseeing ADP’s Global Privacy Programs, along with the members of the global privacy team. The global privacy team may be contacted at email@example.com.
ADP will collect and process your personal data only as instructed or permitted by our Client (your employer or prospective employer) or you. ADP maintains appropriate security controls to protect your information.
ADP will disclose your personal data to your employer and to other entities when instructed by your employer. We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates and third party processors as needed to provide the services that you and your employer have requested. These entities are contractually bound to limit the use of your personal data as needed to perform the services. We will also disclose personal data when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
For Registered ADP Mobile Users: If your ADP Mobile account is inactive for more than 480 days, your login credentials will be suspended. The account will be deleted 180 days after account suspension. If you would like to expedite your account deletion, contact your Human Resources administrator.
Sensitive Personal Data
In the ordinary course of its business, ADP processes sensitive personal data on behalf of your employer, such as social security numbers. ADP has implemented reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards to help protect the sensitive personal data from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure. All ADP associates and contingent workers are required to follow these established procedures, both online and offline. Access to sensitive personal data is limited to those associates and contingent workers who have a need to access the information to perform tasks for ADP. ADP will only disclose sensitive personal data to those service providers, auditors, and/or advisors who are legally or contractually obligated to protect them or as required or permitted by law.