December is a wonderful time to experience the city from the vantage point of a Chicago architectural boat cruise, but it is also a great time to check out the wide variety of local activities and events. After you’ve taken your downtown Chicago boat cruise, check out some of these hot events slated for December.
Your Chicago December Event Schedule
Finding something exciting to do in the city of Chicago has never been easier; just a few of the many ongoing events include:
- Chicago Architecture Biennial: A series of exhibitions, installations, and events that delve into modern architecture urbanism, the Biennial is the perfect way to cap off a Chicago architectural boat cruise.
- BrewLights: With dozens of seasonal beers available, the Lincoln Park Zoo will be brightly lit with a menagerie of lights, and proceeds from the event will help keep the zoo open to the public year-round.
- Winter WonderFest: An indoor winter carnival at Navy Pier, Winter WonderFest offers activities like a toboggan tunnel, winter mini golf, and a variety of carnival rides perfect for kids.
- Beer Fest Beatdown: An exciting blend of beer-tastings and Lucha Libre wrestling, be sure to catch the Beer Fest Beatdown’s beer fountain and beer-themed holiday card workshop.
- Adler After Dark: Visitors over the age of 21 can enjoy the Adler Planetarium after hours while enjoying drinks and various entertainment, chief among them being a screening of the long-anticipated Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- One of a Kind Show: This four-day market gathers work from over 600 artists to fill out a full floor of the historic and gargantuan downtown Merchandise Mart (it’s so large it has its own zip code).
- ZooLights: The annual light ceremony at the Lincoln Park Zoo will provide guests with nightly ice carving demonstrations and ice skating.
- Sauced Night Market: Stop by Logan Square’s Emporium Arcade, where guests can sample anything from craft beer to the wares of local vendors.
Take Advantage of an Event After Your Chicago Architectural Boat Tour
If, after your Chicago architecture tour, you find yourself wanting to delve deeper into your Chicago experience, be sure to check out one of the events we’ve mentioned here. But first, don’t forget to check the schedule at Shoreline Sightseeing and book your downtown Chicago architectural boat cruise today!