Have you ever been stuck in a cab that’s been gridlocked in rush hour traffic? At Shoreline Sightseeing, we offer a Shoreline water taxi service that is not only a traffic-free experience, but is also often cheaper than your average automotive cab fare—not to forget that you’ll be privy to an intimate view of downtown Chicago as you sail through its canals.
Scenic Routes to Iconic Destinations
Shoreline Sightseeing offers two popular routes to serve visitors and commuters alike. Depending on your destination and the sights you would like to see along the way, choose from:
- Lake Michigan Route – This cab departs from Navy Pier and the Shedd Aquarium/Museum Campus to give commuters a stunning view of the sights along Lake Michigan, including Millennium Park, and the Alder Planetarium. Passengers debarking at the Shedd Aquarium will be within walking distance of Soldier Field and Northerly Island.
- Chicago River Route – Travel down the iconic Chicago River and see the city as only a water taxi can give it to you. Departing from Navy Pier, the Michigan Avenue Bridge, and Union Station (Willis Tower), passengers will have an unmatched view of the Chicago skyline, including the stunning Trump Tower.
Our Schedule and Inexpensive Fares
Use our Shoreline water taxi service for your morning and afternoon commute or even just to enhance your Chicago sightseeing adventure. Our water taxi schedule offers regular departures on weekdays and the weekend:
- May and September – Call for details. Our schedule is limited due to weather and customer demand.
- Memorial Day to Labor Day (Regular Hours) – Frequent departures will leave from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday – Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday – Sunday.
As for our fares, if you choose to take our orange (extended river route) or green lines (lake route), we charge $8 for adults and $4 for children. Should you choose to take our two shorter Chicago river routes, the brown and blue lines, we charge $6 for adults and $3 for children. However, if you think you’ll be using our services frequently, check out the following discounted rates:
- Multi-Ride Passes – Purchase a 10-ride pass for only $15 and make your morning commute more affordable.
- All Route Discount Passes – 1-day pass is $23 adult and $11 child, 2-day passes are $29 adult & $14 child. These passes are available from $7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Schedule Your Trip on the Water Today
Get ready for warm weather and fun on the water. Schedule for your Shoreline water taxi adventure today and see Chicago as only a water taxi can give it to you. Purchase your water taxi pass online or contact us by phone today at (312) 222-9328. We look forward to earning your business.