From the John Hancock Building to the Willis Tower, the architecture of Chicago is truly one of a kind. It’s hard to know where to even begin exploring the rich history and nuanced design of Chicago, but Shoreline Sightseeing can help! We can lead you through the magnificent sights of the city with our informative architecture tours. We will make sure that you don’t miss a thing when taking in the stunning Chicago architecture.
John Hancock Building
The Loop features colossal skyscrapers in the heart of downtown Chicago.
- The Willis Tower (233 S. Wacker Dr.) is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere at a staggering 1,450 feet. You can take advantage of the 360-degree view on the Skydeck Chicago observatory and the glass-floored Ledge.
- The Rookery Building (209 S. LaSalle St.) is a historic Chicago landmark featuring load-bearing masonry and a skeletal frame. It was constructed by the famed architectural duo of Burnham and Root with design updates from Frank Lloyd Wright.
The Magnificent Mile is the legendary shopping district on Michigan Avenue that also features classic Chicago landmarks.
- The John Hancock Building (875 N. Michigan Ave.) features a bold, industrial design with breathtaking views of the city from 1,000 feet.
- The Chicago Water Tower (806 N. Michigan Ave.) survived the 1871 Great Chicago Fire, making it one of the oldest original buildings in the area. To many Chicagoans, this building represents the perseverant spirit of the city itself.
River North features bustling nightlife and the second highest concentration of art galleries in the nation.
- Trump Tower Chicago (401 N. Wabash Ave.) is the second tallest building in the city at 1,398 feet. From the sleek spire to the shining steel construction, the tower is a bold vision by the Chicago River.
- Marina City (300 N. State St.), affectionately known as the “corn cobs,” is a round concrete structure filled with pockets of space. It features residential and commercial spaces, including a small marina.
Experience Chicago’s Architecture Today!
Shoreline Sightseeing has everything you need to fully experience Chicago architecture. There’s no better way to see the sights and learn the history than with our guided tours. Our season is gearing up soon, and we can’t wait to show you everything that this city has to offer! Please visit our website for a full schedule of upcoming events.