This summer, there is absolutely no shortage of concerts in Chicago to attend! No matter what your taste in music may be, there is an artist playing for you at one of Chicago’s many world-famous venues. Whether you’re into outdoor performances with a festival vibe, a smaller theater for a more intimate concert-going experience, or an open amphitheater surrounded by nature, we have some shows you won’t want to miss!
FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island Summer Concerts
Located on the peninsula of Northerly Island, FirstMerit Bank Pavilion is an outdoor venue with a large main stage and ample seating. Just a stone’s throw from the Adler Planetarium, FirstMerit Bank Pavilion hosts a broad spectrum of acts and is a wonderful setting for those who like to stand up and dance in the grass, or for attendees who want to comfortably enjoy the performance from a seat closer to the stage.
- July 4 – July 5: Celebrate America’s independence with Dave Matthews Band on Friday and Saturday at 7:00 p.m.!
- July 18 – July 20: The beloved, ever-talented jam band Phish will be playing all three days this weekend. One ticket will get you admission to every show!
Metro Chicago Summer Concerts
Fans of smaller, energetic shows will enjoy the Metro Chicago, as the layout of this venue is ideal for general admission customers who really want to dance with the crowd. Located at 3730 N. Clark Street in Chicago, the Metro has some exciting concerts lined up.
- July 12: What can only be described as “instrumental funk meets afro-soul”, the Budos Band will be playing this Saturday with the doors opening at 8:00 p.m. and the show starting at 9:00 p.m.
- July 18: Robert Rolfe Feddersen, a pioneer of Americana/Folk-Rock, will be playing the Metro this Friday for free! The show starts at 8:30 p.m.
Ravinia Summer Concerts
To listen to a variety of musical artists in a gorgeous outdoor setting, Ravinia is the venue for you. Located just north of Chicago at 200 Ravinia Park Road in Highland Park, the Ravinia has three different stages, all of which are surrounded by trees for a truly remarkable, immersive listening experience.
- July 3: The versatile soul legends Earth, Wind & Fire will be playing at the Ravinia Pavilion. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. and the show starts at 8:00 p.m.
- July 19: The folk rock group Crosby, Stills & Nash will perform at the Ravinia Pavilion this Saturday! Entry starts at 5:00 p.m. and the show will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Get to Your Favorite Show by Water Taxi
If you are looking for a convenient way to get to all of the different summer concerts in Chicago, consider taking a Shoreline Water Taxi. We have docks conveniently located near several major attractions throughout Chicago.