If you work up an appetite during one of the Chicago Architecture Tours offered by Shoreline Sightseeing, you should consider visiting Devon Avenue to enjoy some of the best Indian food Chicago has to offer. Running through Rogers Park and further west through the city, the areas surrounding this busy street have one of the most diverse populations of South Asian culture in the Midwest, and the restaurants found there are out of this world.
Outstanding Restaurants on Devon Avenue
If you’re a fan of Indian food and cuisine from South Asia, brace yourself for Devon Avenue in Chicago. With an amazing array of shops, markets, and well-known establishments to enjoy, rely on our brief guide to Devon Avenue Indian restaurants so you know which ones to try first.
- Mysore Woodlands: Mysore Woodlands is the venue for lovers of Southern Indian food. Featuring many popular standard dishes and excellent house specials, you may find yourself visiting here again and again sooner than expected. 2547 W. Devon Ave.
- Hema’s Kitchen: Featured on the local dining show Check, Please!, Hema’s Kitchen is named after Hema Potla, who has been serving delectable Indian food at this establishment for over 20 years. 2439 W. Devon Ave.
- Arya Bhavan: Winner of numerous awards, this Indian restaurant is 100% vegan, but you would never know it. Serving organic food that is raw and gluten-free, you will find satisfying flavors in every dish at this popular venue. 2508 W. Devon Ave.
- Tiffin: Known for their outstanding range dishes, this restaurant is the sister establishment to Udupi Palace. It’s a classy venue that’s the perfect place to visit with the entire family.
- Ghareeb Nawaz: This little known establishment is one of the best-kept secrets in the city. Open 24-hours a day, it’s a budget hot spot for picking up a feast of spicy dishes that you will love.
Plan Your Next Chicago Adventure with Shoreline Sightseeing
When you have a craving for exotic food, make sure to explore the unmatched selection of outstanding Indian restaurants on Devon Avenue in Chicago. But before heading out, take a moment to review our full schedule of themed boat tours, and plan your next visit to the Windy City with Shoreline Sightseeing.