At Shoreline Sightseeing, our Mission is to provide a great experience for every guest, and model excellence at every opportunity.That means that every customer enjoys not only our terrific tours and taxis, but are also “wowed” by our service, our attention to detail, our flexibility, and our extensive Chicago knowledge. If you have that enthusiasm, knowledge and talents, we want you on our team! We are currently accepting applications for the following positions, except where noted. To apply for employment with Shoreline Sightseeing please choose from the following options:
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Print out the application, enter the information required, and fax it to (312) 464-6437 or email it to email@example.com.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Now Accepting Applications.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for creating, coordinating and managing day to day activities on multiple social media and marketing platforms. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience with content and engagement in the social media space and has the ability to communicate from the company’s brand tone and voice. As a direct representation of the company brand, this role requires the development of timely and effective communication to continue to deliver a great experience and model excellence at every opportunity. For this position, it is preferred that the candidate has an understating of product marketing, company branding, and has experience with graphic design and social media.
- Manage day to day activities related to social media including customer inquiries, engaging in dialogues and answering questions while using appropriate judgment to respond to all forms of social media conversation in a timely, informative and appropriate way using correct brand voice and tone,
- Build and expand presence on company’s social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Blog, etc.),
- Creates, maintains and executes a social media calendar and posting schedule; takes appropriate action to execute tasks in a timely manner,
- Develop marketing content for interactive social media channels and Shoreline Sightseeing blog,
- Work closely with marketing communications company to keep Shoreline Sightseeing’s website consistent with the latest information, graphics, pictures, etc.,
- Ability to develop original concepts based upon direction from Marketing Manager,
- Build, support and strength relationship with new and existing partnerships, vendors and surrounding community,
- Proactively engage with upcoming city events, and tourism partners to optimize content and identify any opportunities, and
- Ensure all content is updated and makes a measurable impact and is consistent with overall marketing strategy.
Requirements for the job include:
- Degree — Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations (or related field)
- 2+ years of professional level social media experience
- Photoshop or InDesign experience preferred
- Flexible hours with occasional evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices, principles and software is preferred
- Be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Initiative, commitment, and a positive attitude
Now Accepting Applications.
Ticket Agents operate our point-of-sale systems in our ticket booths. Ticket agents help guests have an overall enjoyable “Shoreline Experience” whether selling tickets, giving directions to their next choice of attraction or simply delighting our guests with a smile. Basic computer and math skills are required.
- Implementing an understanding of company equipment and software,
- Perform point-of-sale duties in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining a high level of Guest Service,
- Collect methods of payment and dispense change; maintain an accurate cash drawer,
- Be familiar with our products, packages, prices, and routes,
- Engaging with guests and provide a memorable experience,
- Suggesting additional items to Guests to meet their interests or needs, and
- Understanding daily operations.
Now Accepting Applications.Greeters are the face of Shoreline. They raise awareness of Shoreline and draw in potential guests. With a bright, enthusiastic demeanor, Greeters insure that guests are matched with their desired product by describing the offerings clearly and succinctly. Greeters should posses a wide & deep knowledge of Chicago, as the service they provide guests includes not just Shoreline’s offerings, but giving directions & suggestions to enhance our guests’ complete experience.
Greeters duties include:
- Engaging guests and potential customers in a fun, interactive way,
- Communicating clearly and effectively,
- Closing sales, and
- Maintaining order around ticketing booths & kiosks.
Now Accepting Applications.We are seeking motivated, outgoing, friendly and professional team players to join our Imaging team as a Sales Photographer! Our sales photographers on our imaging team take and sell our souvenir photos to our guests at all of the Shoreline Sightseeing tour boat locations. Sales photographers help guests have an overall enjoyable “Shoreline Experience” by capturing their experience in photographs that can be purchased at our docks. This position is ideal (but not limited to) for those that may have an intricate eye and passion for photography--a great addition to a photographer’s resume!
- Engage with guests and provide a memorable experience
- Taking quality souvenir photographs for our Shoreline Sightseeing guests
- Facilitating sales by helping guests through the viewing and purchasing process
- Processing cash and credit card transactions
- Providing Customer Service support with current and past orders, and helping to maintain/resolve customer service issues